World Karting Association

The World Karting Association, or WKA, is the largest sanctioning body for kart racing racing in North America. The WKA was founded in 1971 and is located directly behind Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, North Carolina. The WKA is believed to currently have approximately 5,000 members. Over 50,000 people have been WKA members since the organization's inception in 1971.

See also:

Niall Quinn racing driver

1999- 3rd place in Irish Karting Championship in Cadet 2000- 1st place in Irish Karting Championship in Cadet 2002- 3rd place in Irish Karting Championship in Junior Intercontinental "A" (JICA) 2003- 1st place in Irish Karting Championship in Junior Intercontinental "A" (JICA) 2004- 5th place in Irish Karting Championship in Formula A 2005- 1st place in Irish Karting Championship in Formula A

The WKA comprises five national touring series - the Bully Clutches Gold Cup, Bridgestone/George Kugler Manufacturer's Cup driven by Mazda, Dunlop Tire Road Racing driven by Mazda, Briggs & Stratton Speedway Dirt and Rage Karts Speedway Pavement. The WKA sanctions a number of divisional series and tracks, mostly located throughout the eastern half of the United States.

See also:

Dunlop Rubber

In 1998 BTR sold BTR Aerospace Group, including Dunlop Aviation and Dunlop Precision Rubber, to Doughty Hanson & Co for £510 million to form Dunlop Standard. In 2004, Dunlop Standard was sold to Meggitt plc for £800 million. Meggitt has inherited the original English company, now named Dunlop Holdings Ltd, incorporated in 1896.

The Gold Cup Series is a four-race tour with races at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina, G&J Kartway in Camden, Ohio, New Castle Motorsports Park in Indiana and Pitt Race (Formerly BeaveRun) in Wampum, Pennsylvania. The series competes exclusively on sprint-style road courses and all classes are powered by Briggs & Stratton 4-cycle engines.

See also:

RMS Windsor Castle 1959

The steam-turbine engined, Windsor Castle was the second in a series of three ships planned by Union-Castle in the 1950s as replacements for the company's oldest ships Arundel Castle, Carnarvon Castle and Winchester Castle. Windsor Castle was preceded by Pendennis Castle (delivered in 1958) and followed by Transvaal Castle (delivered in 1961).

(Source: Wikipedia)